There are two ways of resolving an issue when you receive the error “Windows 2003: The Cluster Service on node ‘Clustername’ cannot be started. The network path was not found.” when trying to open Cluster Administrator on an Exchange 2003 server running Windows 2003
First try this:
From one of the cluster nodes:
- Click Start, go to Programs, go to Administrative Tools, click on Cluster Administrator.
- When prompted to connect to a cluster, type a (.) in the Open Connection to Cluster box, and then click Open. (Just bring the offline resources online if nothing has changed on the Network Adapter side of things and skip the next steps)
- Click the cluster group, and then click the cluster IP address.
- On the File menu, click on Properties.
- On the Parameters tab, click New Cluster Network in the Network to Use box (the Public Network no longer exists), and then click on OK.
- Click the cluster IP address.
- On the File menu, click Bring Online.
You can now bring the remaining resources online.
If you are unable to gain access to one of the cluster nodes:
- Start Cluster Administrator.
- When you are prompted to connect to a cluster type the NetBIOS name of one of the Cluster nodes in the Open Connection to Cluster dialog box and click Open.
- Then follow the steps above.