Outlook Web Access not displaying correctly when using IE 10 and Exchange 2003

Tonight I was busy patching my servers for the monthly scheduled patch cycle and tested Outlook Web Access from my home PC. I received the results below.

 

 

 

owa error with IE10

 

 

 

 

After almost having a miniature heart attack, I tested Outlook Web Access from my work laptop (IE 8) and home PC using Chrome. OWA displayed and functioned correctly as expected. I then checked the IE versions.
Home PC = IE 10 (Recently upgraded)
Work Laptop = IE 8

After a quick search on the internet I found an article by Pete Long who posted a work around on his blog. It seems like IE 10 is not compatible with OWA 2003. The work around needs to be done within Internet Explorer 10.
Here’s the link to Pete Long’s article: http://www.petenetlive.com/KB/Article/0000718.htm

My personal opinion: Time to migrate to Exchange 2010 or even consider 2013 as the benefits and improvements over 2003 is worth every Rand, Dollar, Pound, Pula etc. Not to even talk about the support costs to support 2003 and the ancient out of warranty hardware that it’s  probably running on.

 

About Tiens van Zyl

I am a Microsoft Exchange Engineer for a local IT Outsource company assisting with 3rd line support to our Enterprise clients and Hosted Exchange Service. I'm a passionate gamer and also a very active musician. View all posts by Tiens van Zyl

One response to “Outlook Web Access not displaying correctly when using IE 10 and Exchange 2003

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

%d bloggers like this: